Tuesday 4 November 2014

AD: Individual Contribution to Production

In the half term, we filmed the majority of the production over the course of three days. This post focuses on my individual contribution over these three days, day for day.

Day 1 Oct. 29. 2014 - 1.30 PM to 4.30

On this day, we met up and did a second location recce. I showed the group around the grounds and highlighted some of the interesting areas wherein we could film. This second recce was helpful, as it made it possible for us to discuss opportunities and challenges face to face, as compared to the first recce which was somewhat limited in terms of showcasing the opportunities we had ahead of us. Isaac took pictures of the various locations and the framings of each potential shot.

We spent the remainder of the day discussing the possibilities of each and every shot by looking at each of the stills that Isaac had taken.

Day 2 Oct. 30 2014 - 9.30 AM until 4.30 PM

This was the first day of proper filming. We decided that we wanted to complete the scene that we had talked about the most, in this case the kitchen scene. This required my brother, mum and myself as the actors. I helped Isaac with a few of the rack focus shots, as well as coming up with ideas for the composition of some shots. I would also adjust the lighting now and then.


One obstacle we faced was the lack of time my dad had to join in, and as such I had to ask my uncle to help out with the shot of the mother and father arguing. I directed this part of the kitchen scene, as I had a clear idea as to how the non-verbal language of the characters had to be like without them over-acting it.

Day 3 Oct. 31 2014 - 10.30 AM until 3 PM

This was the second day of filming. My own role in this was primarily acting, although I did one close-up take of my brother on top of the wall, as well as coming up with some ideas for the different shots, notably when I suggested that we should link the dream sequence with the kitchen scene through the non-verbal language of the older brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment