Monday 15 December 2014

GP: Contribution To Post-Production

Contribution To Post-Production


During the post-production process I got involved with the editing a lot (I did the majority) whilst letting other people add in their input. Editing our final piece combined a lot of editing techniques on Adobe Premiere Elements. The majority of the techniques I used were also techniques I used in AS. For example, I used the cutting tool where I moved the pointer to the place on the clip I wanted to cut and applied the cutting tool by selecting the 'scissors symbol'. Some of the techniques I used at A2 included cutting, using time stretch, using beat markers and the effects these techniques created include continuity, cuts on the beat and actions on the beat.

I contributed to the digipak by contributing ideas for the digipak and the colour and font of the text. For example, we were trying different shades of yellow to create a gold and regal (due to Lorde and the sword fighting sequences that are suggested so frequently in our piece) effect and I suggested what colour we should use for the text for the final product. Also, I researched digipaks of similar artists which was used in our pitch.

For the advert I research similar artists to Lorde (which was quite hard as Lorde's music was hard to confine to one distinctive genre) and found what was conventional of their adverts. I also tried to pinpoint Lorde's genre to decide what magazine we should put our advert in and decided on Q magazine as it was a big enough magazine to relate to Lorde's 'pop-side' (and she has a lot of fans), but alternative enough to relate to her less 'conventional-mainstream-side' (alternative side). All my findings contributed to the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment